These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

trouble on server, not on dev machine

When I deploy my .net solution to my test server, things go okay until I try to upload a file.  I click upload and the choose file window displays.  I click Add and get an unspecified error on line 48.  This works ok on the dev machine.
Joe Bowen 11/20/2008 4:48 PM
Please see windows update caused error? and let me know.
Cem Alacayir 11/21/2008 3:44 AM
No help, though I note I am using version 1.5.9 of FileVistaControl, and there seems to be a newer version.  I doubt that will fix anything, as my dev machine works ok where my test server does not, so I think it is a configuration/file location issue.
Joe Bowen 11/21/2008 9:06 AM
I insist, please update your version to 1.6 because this error is about Flash 10 (other users already reported the same error). 

After the update, first restart your project by touching the web.config file. 

Then clear browser cache for the upload page. You can do this by right-clicking just below "Add" button and open browser's context menu for Refresh command (in Firefox This frame > Reload Frame). Another way is to browse directly to 
http://xxxx/filevistacontrol/upload.aspx 
and use CTRL + F5 to clear browser cache and then returning to the host page and opening the upload dialog. 

Also make sure you are connecting to your dev and test servers with the same browser version and flash version otherwise you can't be sure if it server related.
Cem Alacayir 11/21/2008 9:29 AM
Ok, I have upgraded to 1.6.

With a little investigation, the symptom is that when the dev browser displays the control on a webpage served from the test server (remote machine), this error appears.

Otherwise the error does not appear.  Specially, when the dev browser displays the control on a webpage served from the dev server (local machine) through the visual studio debugger, the error does not appear.

But it's the same browser.

Also, when the page is displayed locally on the test server, or on other non-dev machines, the error does not appear.

Any thoughts?  I really need to be able to work this from the dev machine.

Thanks.
Joe Bowen 11/21/2008 10:23 AM
Clearing the browser cache is important, are you sure you did it as explained above? When you connect to the test server with the dev browser, it still seems to load the js file from cache. This is why you don't get the error in other cases ie., the new version of the file is loaded. Other users who got the same error, fixed the problem by clearing the cache as discussed Upload not working. Let me know.
Cem Alacayir 11/27/2008 9:41 PM